Fighting fraud is a team effort. At Watermark Bank, we'll do everything in our power to safeguard your financial security. In return, we ask you to take steps to protect your personal information and to contact us immediately if you notice suspicious activity related to any of your accounts.
Report Suspicious Account Activity
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT FRAUD
If you suspect unauthorized activity on your account, contact us right away with this information at hand:
- Your account number(s)
- Your debit card number
- Amount involved in the fraudulent activity
- The date the activity took place
- Pen and paper to write down the case number we give you
IF YOU HAVE DETECTED:
- Lost or stolen checks, debit card or ATM card
- Unauthorized check or debit card activity
- Unauthorized withdrawal from an account
- Unauthorized wire transfer of funds
- Fraudulent activity related to your commercial loan
- Identity theft
IMMEDIATELY REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY:
Contact our Operations Department
- Install anti-virus, anti-malware and anti-spyware on your computer system along with firewalls.
- Keep your software patched and up to date.
- Do not click on links or attachments in emails from unknown individuals.
- Never give information via phone or email to someone you do not know.
- If you are suspicious of a caller, hang up and call the company's main number.
- Always confirm payment instructions over the phone with a verified individual.
- Never exchange confidential information via unencrypted email.
- Use all Watermark Bank fraud protection tools: dual control, Positive Pay, ACH Filters, email and text alerts and setting dollar limits.
- Create internal procedures to protect your business from email compromise. Click below for some helpful tips: